• Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Wright State University in Dayton, OH, 1993
• Doctor of Medicine, Wright State University School of Medicine, 1999
• Pediatric residency , Children’s Medical Center in Dayton,OH, 1999-2002
• Fellowship in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, Children’s Mercy Hospital and Truman Medical Center with UMKC School of Medicine in Kansas City, MO,
• Board Certified in Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
• Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Wright State University School of Medicine,
2004 – 2006
• Assistant Professor and Clinical Faculty Member for Allergy & Immunology, Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM), Blacksburg, VA, September 2006 – present
• Teaching Practitioner for Allergy & Immunology, Lewis-Gale Hospital – Montgomery (MRH)
September 2009 – present
• American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Fellow
Dr. Kris Kwak grew up in the suburbs of Dayton, Ohio. She attended Wright State University for both undergraduate studies and for medical school. She stayed in Dayton to complete her pediatric residency and then moved to Kansas City for 2 years to complete her fellowship training in the field of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. She briefly spent 2 years in a large allergy practice in Dayton before moving to Christiansburg in 2006 to join Dr. Zedalis at Allergy and Asthma Associates of Southwest Virginia. Dr. Kwak enjoys teaching medical students and residents in the field of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and was happy to find this wonderful community that also has a medical school.
Outside of work, Dr Kwak enjoys spending time with her family. She enjoys cooking, spending time outdoors and volunteering at her church.